Sunday, June 28, 2009
I hope everyone else has had a successful, healthy week. I'm planning to run this wine off tomorrow! Wish me and my headache luck.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tuscan Chicken and Beans
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into 1-in pieces
- 1 tsp dried rosemary (or use 2 tsp fresh)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp minced sun-dried tomatoes
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add broth, beans, and tomatoes to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary, if desired.
Makes 4 servings. Only 3 points each! 193 calories; 11g carbs; 1.9g fat; 3.8g fiber; 29.8g protein.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (I used Garlic-Garlic from Tastefully Simple)
- 1 (11-oz) can refrigerated soft breadstick dough
- Combine cheese and garlic on a plate. Prepare breadsticks according to package directions, pressing each stick into cheese mixture before baking.
Makes 6 servings or so (depends on the brand of breadsticks you get). I used Pilsbury and they ended up to be 3 points per serving (2 breadsticks). I would calculate your points based on the breadsticks. The cheese mix adds a negligible amt of points (probably less than 1).
I served both of these with some fresh zucchini from the farmer's market this morning, sauteed in a cooking spray with minced garlic and Italian seasoning.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
When I was maintaining my weight loss (hovering around 139-140), I went to WW meetings every month for my Lifetime Member weigh-in. I even kept going for a while, though I wasn't staying at goal. I felt like a complete failure. I quit torturing myself in November 2008. When I left WW, I was 152.4 lbs. Now I'm nearly 15 lbs above that. Clearly, going it on my own was NOT the answer.
So what contributed to my weight gain?????? I think I can honestly say that life got in the way. This is where I began to go wrong:
- Overactive Fork Disorder: I'm eating too much of the wrong kinds of food. I've relapsed into old, bad eating habits.
- BLTs: Bites, Licks, and Tastes - a little here, a little there really adds up, especially the late night snacking or finishing the food on my kids' plates.
- Not moving my a**: When I was staying thin, I was exercising at least 4 times per week. I was running (did three 5K races-slowly), plus group exercise classes at the YMCA. Lately, I've been shuttling my preteens to all their sports, instead of being active myself.
So, it comes down to this.....blogging about my weight issues for the world to read. Perhaps if I send my goals into cyberspace, and with the support of the Sisterhood, I'll start to have some success.
Here are my goals:
- Move my butt: I plan to exercise at least 4 times per week. Right now, I'm walking/running 3 times per week and just started strength training. My schedule is to run M-W-F and lift T-TH. I'll let you know how that goes. I'm following the Couch to 5K podcast, with increases in running each week.
- Complete a 5K: If my knee holds out (I stopped running due to injuries), I plan to run a 5K in mid-July. If my knee doesn't make it, I'll walk the course.
- Put down the fork: I've started tracking my points again. I usually do pretty well tracking during the week, but fall apart on the weekends, so my goal is to track daily. I'm not ready to face WW yet. I have the tools, I just need to use them.
- Quit the late-night snacking: I'm really bad about snacking out of a chip bag around 10 pm. That needs to stop. Water, fruit, veggies-make better choices.
- Fit back into my "skinny" clothes: I'm not happy that my most forgiving size 12s are too tight, especially since I was holding at a solid 8 for so long. I know Stacey and Clinton (TLC's What Not To Wear) say "Don't get married to a size", but I have some really cute size 8's hanging in my closet mocking me right now.
- A 10% weight loss - 16 lbs - would be a nice start. If I make it to 150, I'll see if I need to set a new loss goal.
So, help me out, send me encouragement, anything to keep me going.
So, it would appear I posted about six times in 2016. Here it is, half way through 2017, and I haven't written a darn thing. In my de...
Sometimes motivation can come from the strangest places - maybe it's a quote on a friend's FB wall, maybe it's seeing some progr...
You wanna know what's crazy? Planning a half marathon in Florida only to find out it won't be much warmer than Michigan on race mor...
This week my friend, Carla, wrote a blog post imagining we could be sitting down with a cup of coffee and chatting about what is currently ...