Well, would you look at that. I haven't posted here in over a month. Do I even have any readers left? Here's a quick look at how the past 6 weeks or so have gone in case anyone out there is wondering:
- Moved 2 kids to college - one of them over 1200 miles away. Thank God for FaceTime.
- Made multiple trips to closer child's college for football games (actually to watch him in the marching band).
- Blew all weight loss success from last year as reminded by yesterday's TimeHop. The failure hasn't happened just in the last 6 weeks but more an accumulation over the past year with the summer being the nail in the coffin. Last year yesterday, I got back into my favorite $100 jeans. Yesterday I couldn't even get them up over my fat thighs and ass. The number on the scale and the fat on my body is disgusting to me. Yes, I know I should be kinder to myself but that isn't happening so long as I look and feel like I do.
- Started back to work and took on an intern (luckily it looks like she will be awesome). The start of the school year always stresses me out. More so this year with my house very empty. I'm hoping getting back into a routine will help with the third bullet point there.
- Stopped running after my Labor Day Mackinac Bridge Run. This was probably one of my slowest paced "runs" ever and barely even qualified as a run since I averaged just under a 12 minute mile pace. (If you are this pace or slower, this is not a dig toward you - I can walk very fast so to "run" practically my walk pace is really frustrating, particularly when I should be able to average a 10 m/m pace most days.) I'm hurt. Injuries suck ass, especially when you really need the sweat therapy. I haven't gone back to the podiatrist because I really don't think he would say anything other than, "you need a new pair of $500 orthotics".
There you have it. I'm ready to get off the struggle bus and I've been logging my food and exercise old school style. Sorta. It's in a Google Doc. I decided MFP also stressed me out because if I ate anything I didn't prepare, I couldn't log it correctly and the perfectionist in me thinks if I can't do something right then I shouldn't do it at all. At least just writing stuff down is better than nothing.