- Drink at minimum 64 oz of water 6/7 days a week. - I'd say I met this goal, at least 80% of the time.
- Run 2-3 times a week - met! Last weekend I finally got outside for a 7 mile "long run", but it is looking like this weekend's 8-miler will be on the treadmill. Gotta love Michigan winter - NOT.
- Sign up for my 25k race - YEP! Signed up for this one, and a 10 miler for 2 weeks later. With the Fitbloggin 5k the weekend in between. I'm clearly mental.
- Do the Shred DVD, EA Sports Active, or some other strength/crosstraining 2-3 times a week. - I've been very inconsistent with this one. I need to be better with the cross and strength work.
- 25 push-ups and 25 sit-ups after each run. - I started good with this, but then ended up with major shoulder problems. The push-ups went by the wayside, and so did the sit-ups. Fail.
- Log my food on Daily Plate at least 4/7 days a week. - I did this for the first couple weeks, but then decided my focus needed to be on overall health and eating a well-rounded diet. I'm trying to maintain, not really lose, so I'm trying to do so without active tracking.
- Lose at least 3 pounds to get back to 135.8 or less. - Nope (well, last week I was there). About 1/2 way thru the challenge, I decided I needed to focus on staying within a range. 135-138. I've managed to do this, so I'm going to call this a modified goal and a win.
Now let's take a look at the numbers:
Weight on June 23, 2009: 165.8
Challenge Starting Weight: 138.8
Last Week's Weight: 135.8
This Week's Weight: 137.8
Change: Up 2.0 (crud - not unexpected though)
Challenge Change: down 1.0
So, I did manage to stay within my range during the challenge. I would have liked to have been closer to the 135 side, but I'll take this. I really didn't participate in the "mental" aspects of this challenge. Sadly, I feel like I didn't really give the challenge my all. Next time will be better.