- Drink at minimum 64 oz of water 6/7 days a week. - I'd say I met this goal, at least 80% of the time.
- Run 2-3 times a week - met! Last weekend I finally got outside for a 7 mile "long run", but it is looking like this weekend's 8-miler will be on the treadmill. Gotta love Michigan winter - NOT.
- Sign up for my 25k race - YEP! Signed up for this one, and a 10 miler for 2 weeks later. With the Fitbloggin 5k the weekend in between. I'm clearly mental.
- Do the Shred DVD, EA Sports Active, or some other strength/crosstraining 2-3 times a week. - I've been very inconsistent with this one. I need to be better with the cross and strength work.
- 25 push-ups and 25 sit-ups after each run. - I started good with this, but then ended up with major shoulder problems. The push-ups went by the wayside, and so did the sit-ups. Fail.
- Log my food on Daily Plate at least 4/7 days a week. - I did this for the first couple weeks, but then decided my focus needed to be on overall health and eating a well-rounded diet. I'm trying to maintain, not really lose, so I'm trying to do so without active tracking.
- Lose at least 3 pounds to get back to 135.8 or less. - Nope (well, last week I was there). About 1/2 way thru the challenge, I decided I needed to focus on staying within a range. 135-138. I've managed to do this, so I'm going to call this a modified goal and a win.
Now let's take a look at the numbers:
Weight on June 23, 2009: 165.8
Challenge Starting Weight: 138.8
Last Week's Weight: 135.8
This Week's Weight: 137.8
Change: Up 2.0 (crud - not unexpected though)
Challenge Change: down 1.0
So, I did manage to stay within my range during the challenge. I would have liked to have been closer to the 135 side, but I'll take this. I really didn't participate in the "mental" aspects of this challenge. Sadly, I feel like I didn't really give the challenge my all. Next time will be better.
You did a great job! I knew you would though.ReplyDelete
You were successful...you maintained and you ran a lot, so don't sweat the other stuff. You are awesome!! WTG!!ReplyDelete
I'd say overall you won. You may not have met the goals you set out for yourself, but you revised them to what works for you...and that, my friend, is success.ReplyDelete
Yes, we should totally plan out at least days to do NTC and then hold each other accountable.