A brand new fitness and weightloss challenge is starting TODAY at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans! Are you signed up? I hope so, because there is no time like the present to get back on track after the holiday debauchery that has just ensued. This challenge is a little different because there are no teams. This challenge is focusing on the most important person in your life: YOU.
I definitely need this challenge. I had managed to reach my goal weight about a month ago, and technically I'm less than a pound above what I considered my maintenance range of 135-138, but I've gotten a little too loosey-goosey and I've put a few pounds back on. 3 pounds to be exact (and only 1.8 since the end of the last challenge, so it really isn't that bad). Now, that really shouldn't get me down, but it does. My weigh-in this morning of 138.8 is dangerously close to a decade I said I'd never see again. Yesterday, my scale said 139 and it made me cry.
So, onto the challenge portion of our challenge.
Step 1: weigh-in. Check. 138.8 (boo)
Step 2: blog about it. Check. you are reading it, aren't you?
Step 3: take measurements and a photo. Sorta. I'm not going to take a photo because with only 3 pounds to lose, there isn't going to be much visual change. I did take my measurements but I'm keeping those to myself. M'kay?
Step 4: weigh-in form. Check.
And finally, my healthy living goals for this challenge and the New Year.
- Drink at minimum 64 oz of water 6/7 days a week. (I've been HORRIBLE with this over Christmas break. I do much better with my water bottle at school.)
- Run 2-3 times a week
- Sign up for my 25k race (the race isn't until May and I won't need to start officially "training" until probably February, but I should just get the sign-up out of the way, don't you think?)
- Do the Shred DVD, EA Sports Active, or some other strength/crosstraining 2-3 times a week.
- 25 push-ups and 25 sit-ups after each run.
- Log my food on Daily Plate at least 4/7 days a week.
- Lose at least 3 pounds to get back to 135.8 or less.