- I'm very good at my job. I'm a Speech-Language Pathologist and I love my job. I make it fun and I have a knack for establishing rapport with my kids and their parents and getting results (most of the time). Many of my students are actually sad when they "graduate" because they don't get to come hang out with me anymore. I usually miss them, too.
- I'm extremely organized. This Type-A, totally anal, personality helped me get infant twins on a schedule and to this day, 12 years later, manage to get them to all their crap. Not to mention, I have never been late with a documentation deadline (see #1). However, you would not know this about me by looking at my house or office. They are not so organized :)
- I have really nice eyes. I love their greenish color. I tried colored contacts in high school, which made them almost jade-like, but that was just too much.
- I'm pretty good at Sudoku. I even like to work on the "diabolical" level puzzles, and sometimes I even finish them.
- I think I'm a pretty good mom, at least most of the time. My children and I butt heads on a few issues (like what I feel they should eat for dinner and when to go to bed), but I think that means I've set some reasonable limits which will serve them well in the long-run. Maybe someday, my son will actually like a vegetable other than corn-on-the-cob. I've also helped them become independent when they need to be. I think I have the only middle-school students who get up on their own (on time) and get themselves ready for school without being asked.
- I make a mean Creme Brulee. I almost didn't put that on here, but there you go. Friends request it if we are having them over for dinner. Sad, but true. Probably why I need the Sisterhood :)
There are probably more things I could add, but at 9:45 at night, this is what I came up with, even though I've been mulling over this all week. I mentioned this little "project" to my husband and he told me to make sure I add this one: I'm very good at spending money. Probably not something that says "You Rock", but my awesome new blinds arrived today! He'll be installing them in the morning :)
Thanks for a great "re-think" project. Someone I follow on twitter said, "Remember to be awesome everyday" with this picture. If you can't read the caption, it says, "words cannot express the awesome." Pretty good advice. Be awesome everyday.