Tuscan Chicken and Beans
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into 1-in pieces
- 1 tsp dried rosemary (or use 2 tsp fresh)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp minced sun-dried tomatoes
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add broth, beans, and tomatoes to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary, if desired.
Makes 4 servings. Only 3 points each! 193 calories; 11g carbs; 1.9g fat; 3.8g fiber; 29.8g protein.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (I used Garlic-Garlic from Tastefully Simple)
- 1 (11-oz) can refrigerated soft breadstick dough
- Combine cheese and garlic on a plate. Prepare breadsticks according to package directions, pressing each stick into cheese mixture before baking.
Makes 6 servings or so (depends on the brand of breadsticks you get). I used Pilsbury and they ended up to be 3 points per serving (2 breadsticks). I would calculate your points based on the breadsticks. The cheese mix adds a negligible amt of points (probably less than 1).
I served both of these with some fresh zucchini from the farmer's market this morning, sauteed in a cooking spray with minced garlic and Italian seasoning.
Yummy...sounds good. Especially the bread sticks...I'm so craving bread this week. :)ReplyDelete