School is back in full force here in Michigan (we don't officially start with kids until after Labor Day-I know a lot of you have been back in the groove for several weeks already and I will curse you all in June when you are all playing in the sun and I'm sweltering in a classroom). The resulting upset of our summer routine is the main reason for my confessions:
- The start of the school year always means major adjustments to our schedule and changes in routine. My 1/2 marathon is a mere 32 days away. That is just over a month to stay on track and stay healthy. I've missed a few auxiliary workouts (strength and cross trainings).
- I've managed to get all my runs in, including my Longest.Run.Ever. Hubs and I clocked 8 miles in 1:26:08 in the POURING RAIN last weekend. Wanna feel like a bad ass? Run 8 miles in the rain. Trust, it works.
- I added some serious hill training to my repertoire today. After school and when K got done with volleyball practice, I ran almost 6 miles in an hour. With several good rolling hills along the route. Ouch.
- I've discovered I really don't like running next to the road, even if it's on a running path or sidewalk. Exhaust is nasty. I'm still coughing and clearing my throat.
- The start of the school year, with multiple sports schedules and K often double booked between gymnastics and volleyball, I've eaten more fast food than I should have.
- I made a pork roast in the crock pot this week which was my dinner last night and will be dinner again tonight. A little more sodium than I should have (hello, bloat) but it's still better than a Big Mac and fries and McDonald's.
- I'm sure there is more that I should confess, but my brain hasn't started working yet after my run and I'm seriously low on blood sugar and the moment.
- I'm signed up for the next challenge from shrinkingjeans: Shrinkvivor! Can't wait to get down with Tribe NAVY Seals. You know what a bunch of bad asses those Seals can be!