I wasn't going to post today, but I'm feeling very blah and needed to get a few things out (at least what I can get out in a public forum like this).
- I'm in a rut.
- I'm fueling my body (and I use the term "fueling" very loosely) with crap and my scale is reflecting this. (Case in point: McD's fries for lunch today.)
- I'm the heaviest I've been in probably 6 months. Not by a lot, but enough that I'm over what I consider my "danger" weight and I feel gross right now.
- I've run a whopping 18 miles total since my marathon on October 16th. (To put it in perspective, I hadn't run less than 18 miles in a WEEK for the three months leading up to the race, except one week when I was horribly sick and only ran 4 miles.)
- I also haven't been doing really any other workouts. I've biked once or twice, done a couple NTC workouts, but that's it. It's no wonder I've gained a couple pounds and probably lost massive amounts of muscle. Eating crap + no exercise = a fat, depressed, Bari.
- My Tinker Bell Half Marathon training is supposed to start this week. Tonight should be my "first" run of 40 minutes and this Saturday my "first" long run of 4 miles (if I follow the half plan from a year ago). Should be easy, right? But my runs lately haven't been very easy. I really wish I had a training partner for this, because the thought of training by myself this winter makes me sad.
If anyone would like to run with me this afternoon/tonight, please let me know. I'd love the company.
Post a Comment
Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!