• The sleepless nights have already started - stupid dreams about forgetting stuff, things like that.
• I'm still sniffling, sneezing & coughing.
• I'm trying not to panic too much about missing last weekend's long run because I was sick.
• I have an 8 miler today & a 10 miler next weekend in which to bring back some confidence.
• I'm worried about running too fast, if you can believe that.
• The antibiotic I've been taking to ward off a massive sinus infection has turned my stomach (among other places) to poo. You're welcome.
• I'm really doing this. In less than 2 weeks I'm planning to run for 26.2 miles (well, mostly - there will be some walking for sure). I have some ideas about how long it might take me & I'm ok with the eternity I'll be on the road. The Grand Rapids Marathon FAQ's page says, "We’d really like it if you finish on some day ending in a “Y” Stay perpendicular and cross the FINISH LINE. We’ll save you a beer." I'm looking forward to that beer!
Did you see?!? The Grand Rapids Marathon made this month's issue of Runner's World magazine for its pickle juice!!! What's the weirdest food/drink you've ever encountered on a race course?
Also - Have you entered my giveaway for a custom-designed tech shirt from My Race Ragz? Get to it!
Post a Comment
Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!