- I would be in my 40's feeling fat and unhappy
- My self esteem would be so much lower because, not only would I have gained back the 50 pounds I lost at 33, but I would probably be even heavier than when I lost weight the first time. It would have just kept creeping up, and up, and up....
- I would not be training for my first 10K.
- I would not have gotten my husband to run his first 5K.
- I would not be setting a good example for my children. They would be teens eating the same crap their mother is eating, rather than at least having some healthy foods to choose from. Who am I kidding, they will be teenagers and probably still be eating pizza and cheeseburgers.
- I would not have brought workout clothes with me to my daughter's gymnastics meet and hit the treadmill at the hotel before visiting and eating pizza with all the other parents. I would have been at the pool with a beer and eating pizza (but not having burned any calories first-so it would have all ended up on my ass).
- I would not be frantically blogging in a hotel room in Indiana as my daughter tries to get some sleep because I didn't get my cyber-homework done on time.
- I would not be getting up at 6 AM every morning to shred with Jillian (damn Jillian).
- I would not have shin splints (sometimes making healthy choices have some painful consequences, too).
- If I had not started this journey when I did, I would not have "met" a group of wonderful women through the world of cyberspace. Although I have never met them face to face, I am truly blessed to call them my friends. I receive more support and encouragement from my "sisters" around the US and the world than I do from my friends next door. I'm so glad I didn't miss this.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
The Monday Project: What if I'd Waited?
This week's project has us pondering what our lives would be like if we had not started our weight loss/fitness journeys when we did. What would our world be like 2 years from now if we had waited.
So, it would appear I posted about six times in 2016. Here it is, half way through 2017, and I haven't written a darn thing. In my de...
Sometimes motivation can come from the strangest places - maybe it's a quote on a friend's FB wall, maybe it's seeing some progr...
You wanna know what's crazy? Planning a half marathon in Florida only to find out it won't be much warmer than Michigan on race mor...
This week my friend, Carla, wrote a blog post imagining we could be sitting down with a cup of coffee and chatting about what is currently ...