Blueberry Vanilla Pancake Muffins
1 cup unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350*. Line a 12 - muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Stir in the coconut flour, salt and baking powder.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill each liner about 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool.
They definitely look like blueberry muffins :) I liked the flavor - they are very different but good. The texture is the hardest thing to get past, like they are a little bit too moist, and they stick to the liners. I will definitely try these again since they are only about 75 calories each based on the way I made them. If you follow the original recipe, using liquid egg whites and stevia, they come in at about 35 calories each.
Do you have a gluten free or paleo muffin recipe you like? If you do, please share it in the comments.
Now for something fun! I also blog over at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans and we have a VERY cool giveaway going on right now. Shrinking Jeans has joined with Lipton as part of their "Win an Extra SUNday" contest! Hop over here and check it out!