Today we come to another Wednesday, and for me it is a sick day at home. I have been battling a head cold for weeks that finally decided to turn itself into (yet another) sinus infection. But, all is good because I have my meds all in a row and I will start to feel better soon. I have to, I get to meet one of my all time favorite people IRL on Saturday: Nancy!
That, and spend 12+ hours in a car driving to a gymnastics meet where we will spend many hours for K to compete for a total of less than 3 minutes.
Anyhoo, as I crawled out of bed at 9:45 this morning (don't hate-I'm sick), I hopped on the scale.
Weight on June 23, 2009: 165.8
Challenge Starting Weight: 138.8
Last Week's Weight: 137.8
This Week's Weight: 136.4
Change: down 1.4
Challenge Change: down 2.4
So, Yippee! I've just about gotten back down to my lowest weight. Granted, not really eating much of anything yesterday probably helped a bit. We shall see if the momentum carries me into next week, since the weekend will be comprised of crap food and the gymnastics venue and fast food on the road.
As for those healthy living goals for this challenge and the New Year, I'm afraid being sick has derailed them slightly, but here they are:
- Drink at minimum 64 oz of water 6/7 days a week. - check! I think I'm still here. I've been making an effort, especially since I've been so sick, to get my water in, but water also tastes really bad to me when I don't feel week, so some of this water has come in the form of iced tea or Crystal Light.
- Run 2-3 times a week - check! Just barely. I ran 4 miles on Wednesday and 6.3 on Saturday as part of the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans Virtual 5k (yah, I did a 10k). You can read about my snowy run here!
- Sign up for my 25k race - OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD Yes, I signed up for the race!!! Now I'm looking at training schedules. I want to basically follow Coach Joe's 1/2 marathon schedule that I LURVE (this schedules RAWKS and also includes 5k and 10k training!) but I need to add some weeks on (obviously). I'm going to basically merge his schedule with the schedule put on by one of the local running clubs. They have free training runs on Saturdays if I decide I want to run part of the course with them. My first official "long run" will be this Saturday at the hotel. I have to go 3 miles. I think I can handle it if my head doesn't explode before then :)
- Do the Shred DVD, EA Sports Active, or some other strength/crosstraining 2-3 times a week. - fail. I rode a recumbent bike for 40 minutes at the gym on Monday. The most wasted 40 minute workout ever IMO. Being sick has knocked me on my butt, I'm afraid.
- 25 push-ups and 25 sit-ups after each run. - fail. This is a fail because I apparently do said pushups incorrectly and messed up my right shoulder. I did do the situps though. Pushups will have to wait quite a while until the shoulder stops hurting so much. Sports chiro gave me the ok to use the arm again (do you have any idea how hard it is to NOT pull your arm behind you or bear weight thru your arm/shoulder??-holy crap I had no idea).
- Log my food on Daily Plate at least 4/7 days a week. - fail. I haven't logged since the 5th of January. Oops. But, I've definitely been eating much healthier for the past couple weeks.
- Lose at least 3 pounds to get back to 135.8 or less. - not yet, but getting there!