I "met" She on twitter and she's participating over at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans with their latest challenge. So head over to her blog and give her some love, M'kay?
Now, this award doesn't come totally free. There are rules. Seriously, what would life be without rules. Rules are good!
Rule #1: give thanks. Done - see above.
Rule #2: share some things about myself. She shared 7 things about herself (I found out we both love mustard on our hot dogs and prefer to do the driving!). I figured I'd stick with the idea of 7 random nuggets.
- I've hiked a very teeny-tiny section of the North Country Trail. I did this about 10 years ago when I was at my heaviest. I'm thinking this summer I need to do it again.
- I love, love, love to travel, but don't have an endless supply of cash, really don't like to fly and can't stand to be in a car for more than 6 or 7 hours. I'm going to love it when we can just teleport ourselves a la Star Trek.
- I have a thing for numbers, specifically palindromes, but I usually miss them by *thismuch*. For example, I noticed yesterday that my van hit 60608 miles. Darnit!
- I've been thrown from a horse. It was between graduating from college and starting my first job, so I didn't have any health insurance. I refused to go to the hospital, even though I probably had a couple bruised ribs. I had trouble breathing for weeks. Not my finest hour. If you get seriously injured, don't be a dumb@$$ like me.
- I went to a rave (with a much-younger friend) while we were in DC for a conference. A rave is the only way I can describe it. Totally gutted brownstone in Dupont Circle, devoid of any furnishings other than a bar on each level, completely packed with 20-somethings. Did I mention I was in my early or mid 30's? Filarious.
- I like to drink my Diet Coke straight from the can. If I'm home, I'd rather drink it a little warm than put it in a glass with ice.
- I'm a certified SCUBA diver; however, I've only been on one dive trip and that was in July 2007. I'm afraid if I strapped on a tank now, I wouldn't have a clue about what to do. Once you are certified, you are technically certified forever and never need to renew. That is really scary.
- Nancy at She's Getting Serious
- ChristieO at Average Moms Wear Capes
- Mel at Mel Rene
- Monica at Monica Wants It
- Tiffany at A Tall Drink of Life
- Lisa at Growing up Mo'
- AZLB at The Love Bug Adventures