Did you know May is Sisterhood Running Month over at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans? You didn't? Well, now you do!
In honor of running, the Sisterhood is giving away a prize pack of some of their favorite running gear! Wanna enter? Go here: http://bit.ly/aorL1e
Here's the short-list of some of my favorite running essentials:
1. Asics Gel Nimbus 11 shoes - great combo of support, pronation control and cushioning.
2. My iPhone with C210K app, Nike+ and iTunes (I cannot run to silence-I start focusing on how I sound like I'm going to die). If it is really raining, I run with my Nano clipped under my shirt.
3. One More Mile t-shirts (really, any wicking fabric will do-but these shirts are Hi-larious).
4. Nike+ chip attached to my shoe. (you don't need Nike shoes to use this)
5. Wright Sock running socks - double layer design means no blisters!
6. Body glide so my armband doesn't cause scarring.
7. Nike dri fit capris or long shorts. Great wicking and no chub-rub.
8. My Nike Fit sports bra. Only minimal uniboob and they come in great colors :) My current fav has been discontinued it appears, but I bought 5 bras last time I went shopping, so I'll be good for awhile. Nike does have a great bra-finder on their site. You should check it out.
9. The rail-trail near my house (If you want to come to Michigan, I'd be willing to share!)
10. Just bought a fuel belt for water. Haven't tried bloks or gu but my longest run has been just over an hour so I haven't felt like I needed that.
Here's a taste of what can happen to you if you decide to start running. You might actually find yourself running a 10K and *gasp* actually loving it!
So, it would appear I posted about six times in 2016. Here it is, half way through 2017, and I haven't written a darn thing. In my de...
Sometimes motivation can come from the strangest places - maybe it's a quote on a friend's FB wall, maybe it's seeing some progr...
You wanna know what's crazy? Planning a half marathon in Florida only to find out it won't be much warmer than Michigan on race mor...
This week my friend, Carla, wrote a blog post imagining we could be sitting down with a cup of coffee and chatting about what is currently ...