As you can see, I'm extremely picky when it comes to my workout clothes.
When Pamela from ellasport contacted me about reviewing their New Power Capris I absolutely jumped at the chance! I've wanted to try their clothes for quite a while, probably since Pamela started joining the #runchat twitter parties on Sunday nights (she tweets as @ellasport)! Also, I love their mission statement:
"ellasport’s mission is to provide women with technical athletic apparel that is designed for a woman’s body and makes her feel good about herself.
ellasport's goal is to give you the confidence and motivation to push yourself further than you thought possible, to help you release your motivated inner self and unstoppable confidence that knows no limits."
I have to admit, I was a bit concerned about trying out the capris at the end of December in Michigan, because, let's face it folks, IT'S MICHIGAN and IT'S WINTER. But....the weather Gods smiled on me and I was able to go for an 8 mile run in them on Dec. 31st and a 6 mile run on Jan 10th, both on beautiful 45* days!
- They were so comfortable! I'm wearing the size small and they give some nice compression without feeling too tight. The fabric felt great against my skin and wicked sweat like a champ.
- They gave my butt a little lift (see gratuitous butt shot above).
- No chaffing from the pants on any of the seams (I did have a tiny bit of chaffing at my belly button because the tie rubbed a little - but the tie was Hot Pink, so I forgave it :0).
- The mesh back was nice and cool. I wouldn't personally pick white if other colors were available because I wasn't a fan of the white patch on the back drawing attention to my butt (plus, if you wear undies with your workout pants, colored ones might show thru here).
- There is a little pocket back there that could hold some gu, your key, ID, etc. It didn't fit my iPhone, but I probably wouldn't carry my phone there anyway because it would get too sweaty. I think it would fit a small music player well though (like a nano).
- The length was great. I'm short (barely 5'3") and I prefer my capris to hit just below my knee. These were a little longer, but still hit at a flattering spot.
Wanna know the best part of this review???? ellasport is giving away a pair of their New Power Capris to one of you!!!!!
Here's how to enter (leave a separate comment for each one!)
- Mandatory entry: Check out the ellasport website and tell me which piece of clothing you'd most like to own (remember, the giveaway is for the New Power Capris, but I want to know what else you think looks cool).
- Bonus entry: Follow @ellasport on twitter.
- Bonus entry: Like the ellasport Facebook page.
- Bonus entry: share this giveaway on twitter.
- Bonus entry: share this giveaway on Facebook.
This contest will end on Jan. 24, 2012 at 8:00 pm EST and the winner will be drawn by the awesome fruit machine random name generator. The winner will be announced on Jan 25, 2012 and you will have 48 hours to contact me before I choose another winner (make sure I have a way to contact you)! Good luck, lovely readers!
Legal mumbojumbo: ellasport provided me with the capris free of charge but the opinions here are all my own.