I set some interesting goals for myself in that post:
- Move my butt: I plan to exercise at least 4 times per week. Right now, I'm walking/running 3 times per week and just started strength training. My schedule is to run M-W-F and lift T-TH. I'll let you know how that goes. I'm following the Couch to 5K podcast, with increases in running each week. CHECK! I've managed to keep this up, but clearly something isn't working currently.
- Complete a 5K: If my knee holds out (I stopped running due to injuries), I plan to run a 5K in mid-July. If my knee doesn't make it, I'll walk the course. MEGA CHECK! Since starting this blog, I've completed 2 - 5ks, including a mud run, 2 - 10k races, 3 - 10 mile races, 3 - half marathons, 1 - 25k race, and 1 FULL MARATHON. Now I'm starting to branch out into triathlons. Who'd have thunk it? (Granted, my injury has me back to where I was running-wise when I started this blog, which is really sad, but I have faith that my running mojo and ability will eventually find its way back.)
- Put down the fork: I've started tracking my points again. I usually do pretty well tracking during the week, but fall apart on the weekends, so my goal is to track daily. I'm not ready to face WW yet. I have the tools, I just need to use them. Eh - I did well with this for awhile and managed to lose 30 pounds, but I've let 15 of them come back in the past 6-8 months. NOT COOL and it really makes me feel like I've failed myself.
- Quit the late-night snacking: I'm really bad about snacking out of a chip bag around 10 pm. That needs to stop. Water, fruit, veggies-make better choices. Old habits die hard - I think this is definitely contributing to the tightness of my current clothes.
- Fit back into my "skinny" clothes: I'm not happy that my most forgiving size 12s are too tight, especially since I was holding at a solid 8 for so long. I know Stacey and Clinton (TLC's What Not To Wear) say "Don't get married to a size", but I have some really cute size 8's hanging in my closet mocking me right now. I managed to get back into 8s and many 6s, but now the 6s don't fit and the 8s are tight. Again, feeling like a fail and that I need to get my shit together.
- A 10% weight loss - 16 lbs - would be a nice start. If I make it to 150, I'll see if I need to set a new loss goal. I did great here - managed to get down to about 136-138 and stayed there for over 2 years. Since my marathon last October, the weight has crept back on and now I'm back over 150 again :(
It seems in many ways that I've come full circle since starting this blog, but so many other wonderful things have happened as a result.
Here are my top 5 joys that have happened as a result of this blog (there we SOOO many, it was hard to just pick 5!):
- I've met so many wonderful, supportive people through blogging and twitter that I feel incredibly blessed. Many of these folks I have yet to meet IRL (in real life) and I can't wait to one day meet them and give them ginormous hugs. Those I've met, I have no doubt, will continue to be forever friends.
- I found a true Sisterhood through the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. I love these ladies with all my heart - they've supported me through thick and thin, dark and light, in more ways than I can count.
- I went to Fitbloggin '11 - life-changing in so many ways. I learned a ton about blogging (and hopefully the changes I made to this little space since have made it a better place to visit) and got to run in a tutu for the first time :)
- I joined the Exposed movement (still my most-viewed post of all time). Revisiting that post for this one reminded me that God made me ME, and that what I see as my flaws aren't flaws but what make me unique. I need to be reminded of this often.
- I've developed a love of fitness: running, biking, strength training and even swimming - all activities I hope to continue to participate in for many years to come!
So, where do I go from here? A while back, I thought I would add another 20 questions page to this blog. I got a few questions, but I need more. To make it a bit more fun, everyone who submits a question will be entered in a GIVEAWAY! for a few of my favorite workout/training things (I haven't decided yet what they will be, but probably some Nuun, Click, maybe some Gu or Sports Beans, iTunes gift card - I'll make it good - don't worry)! I'll give you all until July 4th, 2012 to submit a question by commenting on this post (anyone who submitted a question before - I'm sorry, I didn't keep track of who asked what so you'll need to ask another question if you want to enter the giveaway, but I still plan to answer questions I've already received). If I get enough questions, I plan to add them as a weekly feature - Something About Me Saturday, or a post to that affect. Make sure I have a way to reach you if you win (twitter ID, email, smoke signal, something).
What do you think? Wanna play?
Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart, for sticking with me, inspiring me, encouraging me, and showing me the love for the past 3 years. Now it's my turn to show you some love. Ask away and hopefully I can send you some of my favorite things!
Post a Comment
Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!