I didn't have a recipe but this is basically what I did:
1. Sauté 1 onion & about 5 garlic cloves (diced up) in olive oil.
2. Boil a little water to remove the tomato skins. (Score each tomato skin & cut them in half. Scoop out some of the seeds then drop the tomato in the water. Let it boil for a few seconds & when you take it out of the water the skin will come right off.)
3. Add the tomatoes to the onions & garlic & mash them up a bit.
4. Add some diced green pepper, a shredded zucchini, and fresh basil.
5. Add salt, pepper & oregano.
6. Let it simmer for an hour or two, stirring occasionally, until it's reduced by about half. Taste it. Add 1-3 tsp of sugar if it tastes bitter or acidic & simmer a bit longer.
So good & healthy.
Do you have a favorite pasta sauce recipe you'd like to share?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone