This survey was on Mindy's blog yesterday and I thought it would be fun to answer the questions. Being healthy and trying to live a healthy lifestyle is something I feel thankful for, so it fits with my Thursday theme :)
1. What did you eat for breakfast? Most days, I'll eat my version of an egg mcmuffin - an egg cooked in the microwave with a slice of Canadian bacon on a toasted English muffin. Usually there's a side of cantaloupe and coffee with French Vanilla creamer. Today, I had 1/2 a serving of PB Overnight Oats, a side of melon and coffee with creamer.
2. How much water do you drink a day? This varies. I shoot for 64 ounces and sometimes this happens but usually I'm closer to 32 ounces. Bad, I know.
3. What is your current favorite workout? Right now I'm all about the running. I'm starting to see some nice improvements in my pace and that's encouraging.
4. How many calories do you eat a day? I use My Fitness Pal and have my calories set at 1240. I will also "eat back" any exercise calories I earn. I'm little and it's working for me so please don't say my calories are too low.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks? I'm not sure that they are healthy because the calorie count is so high, but I love almonds, especially mixed with a few chocolate chips.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? This depends on whether I go out or go home for lunch. If I'm going home, it's usually a big salad with some canned chicken mixed it. If I don't have any chicken, I'll add a Chobani Greek yogurt for protein. If I have to go out for lunch, I'll usually hit up Subway or Panera.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train? Can I say none? I really don't like strength training and I have to force myself. Probably my favorite part to train is core/abs because it's quick. Sadly, I don't do this enough and my abs are a joke.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train? Right now, my least favorite part to strength train is arms/shoulders/back. I love the fast results but since I hurt my shoulder about a year ago (doing the 100 pushups app - I made it through the whole thing with "girly" pushups and started again with military and fraked up my shoulder, BOO) strength training for this area just HURTS and I'm afraid of doing more damage. I know I should work my legs more too, but then I'm too sore to run.
9. What are your "bad" food cravings? I really don't think any food is "bad" if you plan it into your diet. Plus, restricting items will just make you want them more. That being said, I love pizza and would eat it for every meal if I could. Oh, and ice cream, and red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and creme brulee, and cream cheese frosting....
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? No. I don't even take a multivitamin, which I know is really bad but I just never remember to take them.
11. How often do you eat out? I've been trying to not spend money so lunches have mostly been at home and we are meal planning, but I'd say I eat out once a week on average.
12. Do you eat fast food? Yes, but typically fast food for my family (at least the kids and I) is Subway. I rarely eat McDonald's anymore and if I do, it's usually a double hamburger or a chicken sandwich and no fries. I've even started liking their fruit and yogurt parfaits.
13. Who is your biggest supporter? I have many and most of them I've "met" through social media. I'm not going to single out any one supporter, but they know who they are :)
14. Do you have a gym membership? Yes, I have a membership to the local YMCA. There are 3 locations within 10 miles of my house and depending on what kind of workout I need will depend on which one I go to. I rarely go to the classes other than spin, but rather use the treadmills, weigh equipment and the pool. Two of them have lap pools and the one closest to my house does not, one has a better indoor track, one has fans... you get the idea.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get at night? I go to bed with the intention of getting 8 hours but I sleep like crap and probably only get about 5 hours of sleep each night. Even with sleep meds, I only get about 6 hours. If anyone knows how to fix broken sleep, I'm all ears. Particularly around 3 or 4 in the morning.
16. Do you have a "cheat" day? No. I tend to eat relatively healthy most of the time and I don't plan out a "cheat" day. However, on long run days when I've burned a couple thousand calories? If I feel like eating, anything goes. I've been watching my calories enough lately that going out and blowing all my hard work is hard.
17. Do you drink alcohol? Yep. I love good, local beers. I bet if I stopped having a beer each night I could drop the last 5 pounds.
18. Do you have a workout buddy? I have some friends that I run with when our schedules cooperate, but I don't work out with a buddy at the gym. I wish I did - maybe the strength training would go better if I was with someone.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? I would have to say the encouragement to go beyond what I though possible. I've taken up running, traveled for races, ventured into triathlon. The encouragements and friendships developed through social media have been huge, also. Most of my closest friends now are ones I meet through running - either in person or via Twitter and blogging.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did? Wednesday morning I got up at 5am to go to the gym and run since I knew the run wouldn't happen after work. I spent the rest of Wednesday exhausted, but I got my workout in!
What about you? How has healthy living impacted your life? Feel free to copy the questions and blog yourself or pick a question to answer in the comments. I'd love to read your responses.
So, it would appear I posted about six times in 2016. Here it is, half way through 2017, and I haven't written a darn thing. In my de...
You wanna know what's crazy? Planning a half marathon in Florida only to find out it won't be much warmer than Michigan on race mor...
This week my friend, Carla, wrote a blog post imagining we could be sitting down with a cup of coffee and chatting about what is currently ...
Sometimes motivation can come from the strangest places - maybe it's a quote on a friend's FB wall, maybe it's seeing some progr...