Tater Tot Hotdish (or Casserole if your husband is not from Minnesota)
1. Brown a pound of hamburger, drain well & put in a 8x8 dish. Sprinkle with minced onion & a little seasoned salt.
2. Put frozen peas on half or on the whole thing if your kids aren't picky. I'm sure you could use another frozen vegetable if you want, but I always use peas. My MIL doesn't put any veggies in hers.
3. Sprinkle some shredded co-jack cheese on next. However much you want. I only use about 1/2-3/4 cup to try and cut down on the calories, but you can put in more if you want it cheesier.
4. Arrange frozen tater tots on top. Make sure they look perfect or if you aren't a bit OCD, just throw them on there in a single layer.
5. Pour a can of reduced fat/lower sodium cream of chicken soup over the tots & spread it out.
6. Bake in the microwave for about 17 minutes or in a 350* oven for 30-40 min (I'm guessing) until heated through. I always nuke it.
This will serve 4-6 people. You can double everything & make it in a 9x13 pan if you're so inclined, it just won't fit in the microwave if you do that and you'll need to cook it longer in the oven.
Now, the big question...is this a "casserole" or a "hotdish"?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone