- I'm now considered "weightbearing as tolerated" in the boot & out of the boot. No more scooter!
- I can start weaning myself off the boot, so long as it doesn't hurt. There's no exact science for this and the doctor said to expect a bit of "two steps forward, one step back" for awhile. He said I'll know if I'm overdoing it. My plan is to wear the boot at work the rest of this week and then 1/2 days next week and go from there.
- I've been given the clearance to start the elliptical next week and even some treadmill walking at the end of the week if all feels good.
- I don't need PT because of the Tri workout I've started. Dr. K thinks the swimming and biking are a great idea and basically said "go for it" with regards to the tri, even if I never do any real running training between now and August (which he thinks I will).
- I see him again in 3 weeks and he wants me to do a tiny bit of jogging the day or two before I see him to gauge how it feels. SQUEEE and EEEEKKK!
While I was hoping for a clean bill of health and the go-ahead to ditch the boot and everything, I knew deep-down that wasn't very realistic. I think my biggest issue is the fact that I've been wearing the same 3 pairs of pants and 2 dresses for the past 2 1/2 weeks because nothing else fits over the dumb boot! And I really miss my cute sandals. I'm looking at the need for the boot (at least in some capacity) for probably another 3-4 weeks as an excuse to go buy some cute skirts.
What's your favorite store for cute, floofy (ie, not tight), knee-length, work-appropriate skirts?