Last week I was having the worst time trying to find one of my recipes because my recipe book looked like this:
I decided I needed to get organized so I bought another binder, tossed a bunch of crap recipes, and typed up others that were just on scraps of paper, receipts, you name it. This was the final result. Much better, no?
In the process, I found a bunch of great recipes that I haven't made in awhile, plus some new ones. I decided that I'd start posting a recipe here every Monday. Hopefully you'll find something your family loves as much as mine.
This week we're going with a vegetarian dish - but you could easily add diced, cooked chicken to this if you wanted, or serve it on the side of a meat dish.
Pasta and Asparagus
|please forgive my awful food photo taking|
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 lb grape tomatoes (I didn't use that much)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- basil, fresh - approximately 15 leaves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 13 oz package of pasta
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Start a large pot of water to boil pasta.
- Trim asparagus and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Halve tomatoes.
- Julienne basil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and asparagus and cook until the asparagus is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente and drain.
- Keeping the asparagus warm, add butter and cooked pasta. Toss over low heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss in the basil.
- Serve warm. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Are there any types of recipes you'd like to see here?
Post a Comment
Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!