This makes 2 12-inch crusts or 1 deep dish.
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1-2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp sugar
1 (1/4 oz) package yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp from the jar)
1 cup warm water
1. Combine sugar, water & yeast in a measuring cup or small bowl.
2. Combine flour, salt & Italian seasoning in a large bowl & make a well in the center.
3. Pour yeast mixture & oil in well & stir into dry ingredients until you have a soft dough. If too sticky, add a little more flour.
4. Knead until smooth on a lightly floured surface.
5. Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel & let rise until doubled.
6. IF YOU HAVE A BREAD MACHINE skip the above steps & put the ingredients in the machine according to the instructions for the "dough" setting (usually water & oil, then dry, then well in center for yeast). Once the dough is done, put in a well oiled bowl.
7. Punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
8. Makes 1 deep-dish or 2 12-inch pizza crusts. Spread out on an oiled pizza pan.
9. Top with your favorite sauce, cheese, etc and bake at 450* for 12-15 min or until crispy and cheese is bubbly.
The kids had 1/2 sausage, 1/2 pepperoni and black olives.
The grown-ups had sausage, mushroom, a little mozzarella, goat cheese (if you've never tried this...you MUST) and fresh basil.
This time I put the basil on the pizza before baking & I should've waited and added it right before we ate. Fresh herbs lose something when they cook that long.
What's your favorite topping on pizza?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Post a Comment
Comments are like big, squishy hugs to me - and I love hugs!